Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Prayer


The things I never told you I'd like to tell you now;
Of feelings held contentedly inside my heart to swell;
Of thoughts and dreams, wants and happiness too;
A Mother's prayer to finally share with you.

Lord, govern their lives as you have mine,
Touch them with Your sweet divine,
Make them happy, guide their paths,
Tickle their funnybones, let me hear their laughs.

Dry the tears sliding down their faces,
Hold their hands when the love heart races,
Make them stand tall when the burdens are great,
Prepare them to carry the loads of fate.

Heal the hurts and sufferings of the spirit,
Make them listen until they hear it;
That sweet song of yours that will touch their soul
And carry them forward until they are old.

Lord, let them see the meaning of life,
Protect them from the evils of strife,
Gently guide them in the path of your ways,
I pray, Lord, I pray for them everyday.

I know, Lord, that I fell short many times;
In my guidance as "Mom" there were crimes,
Times that I failed to help them see
The beauty that you have bestowed around me.

Take their hands and lead them forward
Give them strength to avoid the coward
And evil ones that lurk about
Waiting to swallow them up and shout
The conquest of their gentle soul
Provide them the coin to pass the toll.

Please make things right, Lord, once again
To help them to see the meaning of friend
And loved ones that hold them close to the heart
With a Mother that loves them, never apart

No comments: