Wednesday, June 10, 2009

labor story

Well everyone seems to be telling their labor story on their blog. So here's mine.


The morning of June 3, we had a scheduled amniocentesis. I went in at 5:oo AM, trying to prepare myself for the procedure. I mean come on, they are going to sick a needle the size of a skewer in my stomach, and I'm so big I can't even suck in to get away.


On the way in we run in to my fertility doctor, Dr. Jason Griffith, I asked him how bad the procedure was going to be. He told me I'm already as uncomfortable as I can get what's a little more.


GREAT!


So in we go check in and prepare mentally. I have to say this is the second time we have been checked in and my husband is not fast asleep with in 10 min of arriving. I think he was actually scared for me.


The ultrasound and contraction monitor showed I was already in labor and did not have any fluid. I don't have to have an amnio, AWSOME! I would have him in the next 24 hours anyway.
After pitocin, oxygen, and 20 minutes of pushing he arrived.
Just like a regular work day about 8 hours, unlike his sister who was 32 1/2 hours.


4 days prior, I am huge.
3 min old

Proud big sister

No comments: